RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Xend XML-RPC Refactoring

  • To: "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:37:21 -0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:38:14 +0000

> > We would like to simplify Xend by utilizing more of the standard
> > Python library and relying on less of our own code.  The
> most obvious
> > thing here is the current S-Expression/HTTP RPC interface.
> We would
> > like to replace this with XML-RPC using Python's builtin support
> > (xmlrpclib and SimpleXMLRPCServer).
> >
> > I've got some initial code and more details on the wiki
> > (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xend/XML-RPC).  Early
> estimates are
> > that this would reduce the code in Xend by about 33% (5k
> slocs).  We
> > would also like to standardize this XML-RPC interface so that
> > third-parties write apps to this interface without worrying about
> > massive breakage.

Anothony, have you an updated version of this patch? How much testing
has it had?

Should we be looking to get it in prior to 3.0.2? In principle I think
this would be a good thing, but we may have left it too late. I expect
2.6.16 final will be out fairly soon, and then we'll want to be pushing
a release out in the following week or so.

Thanks,
Ian