[Xen-devel] Re: xsd_kva mmap

On 6 Mar 2006, at 18:30, Chris Wright wrote:

I did an almost identical patch to yours for xsd_kva mmap.  You'll find
it below.  I just saw the conflict when updating, and think that we
may want to merge approaches.  Main difference is in populating the
ops, and making xsd_kva rdwr.  The first is just cleanup, the second I
don't believe is functional in your version.  Can't open rdwr and mmap
PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE and 0400 file. Also, I just drop the read interface entirely, as it's no longer needed. I'll follow this up with the actual
diff between the two.

Also, your patch would need to set vma->vm_pgoff before calling remap_pfn_range(), or the unmap code will incorrectly mess with page reference counts (because the skanky VM_PFNMAP check in vm_normal_page would not trigger and so that function will return non-NULL).

 -- Keir