Re: [Xen-devel] a more permenant solution to /lib/tls.disabled

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:06:12AM +1100, James Harper wrote:
> Almost every time I do an 'apt-get upgrade' or 'apt-get dist-upgrade', I
> get a new /lib/tls, and because I never log in at the console it often
> gets forgotten.
>
> Is there any general (or Debian specific) solution to preventing the
> creation of /lib/tls, that won't break anything else?

If you use sid, you can have /lib/tls by creating custom libc6:

apt-get source glibc
cd glibc*
vi debian/rules # add -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs to both _CFLAGS definition
dch -v old.version.0.xen.1 "Make a nosegneg version for xen"
pdebuild # go for a walk or have a nice cup of tea
dpkg -i /var/cache/pbuilder/DEBS-YOU-NEED.deb
echo libc6 hold | dpkg --set-selections

Of course y0u can use simply "apt-get build-dep libc6 &&
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us" instead of pbuilder, and make nice
apt preferences stanzas instead of simple hold..

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown