Re: [Xen-devel] a last comment on xml-rpc

I don't think that's fair at all. I've written the C code to interface with Xend using S-Expression/HTTP and it's painful (see libvirt).

S-expressions transported over a hypertext transfer protocol? Python inside a virtualization daemon? RPC for interprocess communications? There is definitely a very "different" mindset behind the design decisions going on in xen, and it's being disguised as "code reduction". I thought it was accepted a long time ago that the SLOC metric for simplicity and quality of design was about as useful as measuring the monetary value of a lump of gold by how it smells.

Can someone please stop sucking me into these dead end discussions about bad engineering in action? (Stop adding me to CC: lines please). I'm not on the mailing list, I don't use xen, and really could care less which way that project chooses to go.

---
Matthew Sottile (matt@xxxxxxxx)
Advanced Computing Laboratory (CCS-1)
Los Alamos National Laboratory