[Xen-devel] Re: Very poor VMX performance

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Casey Jeffery <kcjeffery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:22:35 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:34:02 +0000

Thanks for the quick responses. I resorted to using ia32 just to get around some of the driver issues I was having, so the host is Breezy with a full Xen 2.6.12.6 kernel and initrd module and the guest is Breezy straight off the install DVD with a 2.6.12.9 kernel. I gave the host 512MB of memory and the guest 256MB and the system is doing nothing but running these two machines.

I hadn't tried SDL yet since I wasn't familair with it. It turns out there was nothing more to it than enabling it in the vmx config. Now my mouse and keyboard work great. I'm not sure what my problem was with vncserver, but I guess I won't worry about it for now.