Re: [Xen-devel] [BUNDLE] Testing a simpler inter-domain transport

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:34:41PM +0200, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:23:58PM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> > It's a bundle, so you should use:
> >
> >     hg unbundle http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/xen/xen-share-2006-02-07.hg
> >
> > (Note the updated version).
>
> FWIW, you also need -u here, or at least 'hg update' after
> unbundling to actually see the changes, analogue to 'hg pull' vs. 'hg
> pull -u'.

  Without -u it fails complaining about no repo available, creating a fake
.hg directory it tries to add changesets but aborts with
   'unknown base 6b1d39a5!'
Trying to add -u as suggested result in
   'hg unbundle: option -u not recognized'
using mercurial-0.7

  The bundle doesn't seems able to fully provide a repo state, and without
a repo state it seems unable to unbundle the data. I think mercurial hates
me, probably because I still don't really understand how it works internally...

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/