Re: [Xen-devel] changeset 8775

On 8 Feb 2006, at 09:37, Jan Beulich wrote:

Also, some of other code seems then superfluous or even ill:
- drivers/xen/core/smpboot.c: smp_prepare_cpus() should not initialize cpu_possible_map again, but should instead have its main loop controlled by this bit vector (and VCPUOP_is_up doesn't need to be called then anymore, too)

I now fixed smp_prepare_boot_cpu/smp_prepare_cpus to respect the cpu_possible_map.

- arch/{i386,x86_64}/kernel/mpparse-xen.c: the setting of num_processors was and is completely out of sync with the real set of VCPUs used; I even wonder what purpose the whole file still serves

Yes, we would like to get rid of at least the CPU/local-APIC portions of mpparse.c. If there's no IRQ/IO_APIC info in those tables we can get rid of the whole file.

 -- Keir