[Xen-devel] Re: xencomm address space API

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 14:28 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> > This mail isn't comprehensive, but I think gives some idea of the
> > complexity involved. So a solution like replacing pointers with
> > embedded structures is far more attractive.
>
> Not sure what you mean. Can you give an example?

typedef struct dom0_setvcpucontext {
    /* IN variables. */
    domid_t               domain;
    uint32_t              vcpu;
    /* IN/OUT parameters */
    vcpu_guest_context_t ctxt;
} dom0_setvcpucontext_t;

Note that 'ctxt' is no longer a pointer.

This is a far simpler solution, though it does introduce a size
limitation for memory-based hcalls; I went into some detail in my other
mail. Could you reply to that if there's something unclear?

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center