Re: [Xen-devel] x86_64 smp kernel panic

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 09:44 -0600, Ryan Grimm wrote:

> I tried the patch you pointed out but still get the same result.  I
> turned off 'detect_soft_lockups', and get the message below.

I'm also completely unable to get x86_64 to work at all from any tree
with CONFIG_SMP set.  I get a cpu_up notifier chain panic if
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU is not set; with CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y, it doesn't
even compile.  Replacing one missing function in setup64-xen.c fixes
that for dom0 but domU is more complex.

If nobody's working on this, I'll take a stab at trying to sort things
out so that at least one config set works for x86_64 SMP.  It's really a
rather important use case!

--Stephen