Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Kernel with very low memory requirement (~12MB) for domU

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:07:15AM +0100, Rickard Borgmäster wrote:
> CJ van den Berg wrote:
> >"big" is relative I guess. :-) That's about as small as it gets for my
> >purposes (which is testing netfilter modules).
>
> Well, I had a hard time convincing myself that someone would need 802.11
> drivers in a domU kernel... ;-)

Oops. ;-) But they are compiled as modules anyway...

> >>Will try a "normal" 2.6.16-rc1 kernel compile now.
> >
> >I would imagine that would be a *lot* fatter.
>
> I never did that. Instead, I started over and configured myself a new
> 2.6.16-rc1 kernel. But... that didn't boot either. Now, I think I have
> to try compile a *stock* 2.6.16-rc1 kernel to see if that will boot at
> all. Something is wrong.

What hardware platform and compiler version are you using? The configuration
I sent you was Pentium 4 optimised. If you're trying to run in on a Pentium
II as your previous mail suggested I doubt it'll work as-is. I don't see
anything else that should effect it though.

> Oh... just got a thought.. Do the dom0 kernel have to be 2.6.16-rc1
> aswell...?

No. In fact dom0 doesn't even have to be running Linux.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  xmpp:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx