Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] No VMX-guests on Intel Xeon/VT

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 21:51 +0100, Thorolf Godawa wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> thanks a lot for your answer!
>
>  >Sorry if I missed part of this, have you seen:
>  >http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VmxQuickstartGuide
> probably not, I've seen this side but didn't payed much attention to it!
>
> Maybe it's a stupid question, but do I have to build XEN if I want to
> use it with VMX and VNC on the Intel Xeon/VT?

I'm not sure I understand this question. If you're going to use VMX
support in Xen, you need to build and use Xen.

>  ># xm create -f /etc/xen/xmexample.vmx
> I think there is a small error in the documentation, I didn't found it
> before:
> ------
> Simply follow the usual method of creating the guest, using the -f
> parameter and providing the filename of your VMX configuration file:
>
> # xend start
> # xm create /etc/xen/vmxguest.vmx
> ------
>
> With the parameter '-f' nothing changes with the freedos-images, but the
> warp-server-image seems to do s.th., at least I have CPU(sec) and some
> times CPU(%) but I can't say if it's booting, trapping or even running.
> I installed a PCnet-adapter with fixed ip, VNC-server, telnetd and ftpd
> in the image, so if the OS starts it actually should be connectable!
> And winxp also starts, at least it comes to the startmenu where it ask
> what should be started (protected, normal, ...) and a
> windows-trap-screen :-)
>
>  >Have you installed the libvncserver?
> No, it's even not in my rpm-list on the SuSE-medias, so I have to
> compile and install it by my self?

Yep.

>  >For sdl, have you installed the sdl-devel as well as the sdl package?
> No, it wasn't, I installed it but without any new results!

Hmmm... I know that the sdl-devel package isn't listed on what needs to
be installed, but the sdl option won't work without it.