Re: Linux 2.6 guest BUG(). (was: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Fix VCPU locking in sched_adjdom for multi-VCPU guests)

Keir Fraser wrote:

On 31 Jan 2006, at 22:42, Matt Ayres wrote:

<puts on dunce hat>

I've created a comment with the BUG. I remember I was going to have xen-bugtool include /var/log/messages, but later decided I didn't want so many system details put out in public.

How tight on memory are you running the system? The BUG is probably happening because the guest is failing to allocate a page of memory below 4GB. Since Xen tries to give out memory below 4GB last, that probably means there is very little available memory.

I can provide dozens of BUG()'s if required. It just happened again on a host in dom0 to the sshd daemon and now that port is locked (netstat -nlp reports "-" as the process name). I am able to access the server via the console.

I assume you mean Xen's memory usage. I am showing 141MB free out of 8112MB total. Our scripts to add accounts don't allow adding more accounts then there is memory for, we actually leave about 128MB as a buffer.

Obviously we need a better fallback strategy than BUG(). :-)

Alright captain, what do I need to do on my end? Grepping /var/log/messages for "syscall" grants about 20+ results so something is going very wrong.

Thank you,
Matt Ayres