Re: [Xen-devel] Question about pfn, mfn, PSE

On 25 Jan 2006, at 11:00, markus rechberg wrote:

Is PSE on x86-32 (Pagesize 4k and 4M together) activated? So can I setup
PTE mappings with 4k and 4M pages?

No, PSE isn't currently supported. You'd need to be allocated contiguous 4MB machine-memory regions, for starters.

machine_to_phys_mapping[100]; ok
machine_to_phys_mapping[375]; guest domain killed

In the test setup these are 375-389, 2952-54 and possibly some more, also seems to depend at which index I'm starting (everything above index 2962
seems to work fine).

Well, the machine_to_phys_mapping is just an array of longs. So the first 1024 entries are all in the same page. So it's really impossible that you get different behaviour accessing entry 374 versus entry 375. They should hit the same 4kB page of the machine_to_phys_mapping array!

 -- Keir