RE: [Xen-devel] VP problematic for backend drivers on IA64?

>translate the pfn to an mfn is sufficient

Actually, after thinking about this, it's a bit
more complicated because of the possibility that a DMA may
address more than one page.  If so, a simple DMA may need to be
translated into a scatter-gather (or a scatter-gather into
a more complex scatter-gather).

Not impossible, obviously because Xen/x86 handles this -- by
changing Linux, correct?

Do hardware IOMMU's in general handle this complication?
E.g. is there a cleanly defined interface that can be applied
to a VP domain "Xen IOMMU"?

Dan