Re: [Xen-devel] PCI bus scan failure on 3.0.0 testing

On 21 Jan 2006, at 09:12, Ian Pratt wrote:

I'll keep poking at this (I desperately need to get it
working), and trying other permutations of kernels and boot
options; if anyone can provide any hints for how to debug
this I'd appreciate it a great deal.

Try diff'ing the output of a native 2.6.12 kernel booting vs. 2.6.12 on
xen. You can get both kernels from the xen test CD. You'll need a serial
line.

Yep, if you can find your way around the Linux PCI code a bit, it is worth adding tracing to find out how it is finding buses 1 and 2. If you can do that then it should be possible to backtrack and find out where xenlinux is going wrong.

 -- Keir