RE: [Xen-devel] performance problems...

  • To: <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:33:45 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:40:26 +0000

Ha! Look at that. I did:

xm sched-sedf Domain-0 0 0 0 1 1
xm sched-sedf mail 0 0 0 1 1

and now I can do a cpuburn (burnP6) in dom0 and you barely notice it.

So... questions...

Sedf must be the default scheduler? I always thought it was bvt? What
are the default settings for it? Obviously they aren't optimal in my
case!

How can I query the current scheduler settings?

Thanks

James

documentation
> of xen's schedulers (please point out the relevant docs to me if I'm
> wrong, all I found was sedf_scheduler_mini-HOWTO.txt,
> xenwiki/Scheduling and `man xm`, none of which helps to understand
> scheduling well enough to change its parameters). Thanks to Tim
Freeman