[Xen-devel] next release? - two reboot issues...

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Mathias Diehl" <md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:03:30 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:03:33 +0000

Hi Devels,

as I'm still playing around with XEN I kindly ask for your help and advise.

As mentioned below I face two problems that were not answered on the user list
- I found similar issues on the devel list but understood they are solved.
According to my experience they aren't.

I would like to switch my xen installation to production quite soon but I'm not
in a hurry. Please advise if it's worth to wait for a new XEN release, take
3.0.0 or just pick the latest tarball?

As I would like to use own bridge names 3.0.0 is not the best choice?

Any advise?

even though I found my two problems mentioned on this list - there no sulution
that I can google... :-(

I have two diffrent reboot problems.

The first one is a debian sarge domU with 1024 M allocated RAM - the entiere
machine has 2048 and dom0 128. When rebooting my domU I find in xend-log:

http://nopaste.debianforum.de/2061 (for better readability - to get it as plain
text click: http://nopaste.debianforum.de/get/2061)

To create this domU again using xm create works fine.

Second, more serious problem is a fedora core3 domU that is not rebootable.

http://nopaste.debianforum.de/2062 (for better readability - to get it as plain
text click: http://nopaste.debianforum.de/get/2062)

unfortunatly xm create wont work after that and I have to reboot the entiere
system.....

linus:~# xm create /etc/xen/auto/tta.conf
Using config file "/etc/xen/auto/tta.conf".
Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected.
File /opt/xen/domains/tta/disk.img is loopback-mounted through /dev/loop10,
which is mounted in a guest domain,
and so cannot be mounted now.

Any idea what's wrong?

cheers,