Re: [Xen-devel] Xen3: Hiding PCI hardware from Dom0 and use it in DomX?

On 21 Dec 2005, at 16:02, Mark Hurenkamp wrote:

I've been playing with the beta versions of Xen 3, and followed this list, but after release of the official 3.0 release, I can't find any info if the 'physdev_dom0_hide' feature which was available
in 2.0.x is now also available in 3.0.
In the stable 3.0 documentation it is completely absent which leads me to believe that it is not possible (as it was unavailable in the development tree for some time already), but in the documentation nowhere is described that it has been removed (compared to stable 2.0.x).
Perhaps someone can shed some light on the status of this feature?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm currently using the feature to dedicate an ISDN card to a specific domain, and am planning to do the same with a PVR card to create a MythTV
domain.
Also I would like to do more experiments trying to get X to run with dedicated hardware in a second domain, and for that I need to give it access to my second graphics card.

Expect this functionality to get added back in in a point release early in the new year. It's being worked on.

 -- Keir