Re: [Xen-devel] latest USB code including Xenidc documentation

Harry Butterworth wrote:

I'm happy to do that for the USB driver if that's what people decide
they want but I'm reluctant to do it without people having first
considered the idea of having a higher level interdomain communication
API and thought about xenidc as a possible option.
I think Muli's point (which I agree with) is that the question of a higher level interdomain communication API is orthagonal to the USB driver and that submitting the two at once makes it difficult to review because of sheer size.

In fact, what I would really like to see is a before and after with the USB driver (one version that uses the current mechanism and uses xenidc). This would be a good way to evaluate how much complexity xenidc introduces/removes from the drivers. xenidc is a big decision because it means yet another rewrite of all the device drivers (we've gone through how many in the past year already :-)).

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Muli