RE: [Xen-devel] CPU Utilization

  • To: "Rob Gardner" <rob.gardner@xxxxxx>
  • From: "Dave Thompson \(davetho\)" <davetho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:41:50 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:43:30 +0000

Doesn't top's CPU summary line show both?  I thought us=user space,
sy=system, ni=nice, id=idle, hi=hwintr, si=softintr.  So in my
example 1% in user space, 7.3% in system level, 3.3% in h/w intr,
and 15% in soft intr.  Total of 26.6% utilized of which 25.6% is
in kernel.