Re: [Xen-devel] Xend vnet support to be removed

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:45:00AM +0000, Mike Wray wrote:

> Ewan Mellor wrote:
> >Unless someone speaks up, Xend vnet support will be removed.  It is broken,
> >unused, and unloved (as far as I know).  This is the xm vnet-list,
> >vnet-create, and vnet-delete commands, as well as all the Xend support
> >behind
> >that (XendVnet.py, SrvVnetDir.py, plus plumbing in xm/main.py and
> >XendClient.py).
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Ewan.
>
> As the developer of the vnet count I'm speaking up for this code.
> As far as I am aware it is neither broken nor unused, and I
> have recently submitted patches to this list updating the code.
> The code is in active development and I will be continuing to maintain it.
> So please don't remove it.

That's fine.  It seems like there are a number of people using it or wishing
to, so it will stay in place.

I asked because there was recently an effort to bring the documentation up to
date, by various members of the Xen community, and yet the documentation for
Xen 3.0 went out with no mention of the vnet support, because no-one seemed to
know how to use it properly.

Perhaps you could write a few lines for us to go into the user documentation?
A number of people have said that that the vnet support is useful, so it would
be good if we could get it documented, and spread the news!

BTW, you don't have any patches unapplied and outstanding, do you?  If so,
then now would be a good time to resend them, because they've been missed if
so!

Thanks,

Ewan.