[Xen-devel] Re: event delay issue on SMP machine when xen0 is SMP enabled

On 9 Dec 2005, at 07:03, Li, Xin B wrote:

We do need fix this issue because this is also a common issue in complex
environment. Actually that will also be a performance issue, even when
event channel port is <64 since it depends on other events to get
notified.

Thanks for working out what's going on. A patch should be quite easy.

BTW, why vcpu other than vcpu0 won't handle event by default?

We could allow any vcpu to process any pending notifications. It would mean vcpus outside an irq's affinity set could end up processing an interrupt and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. It would actually slightly simplify evtchn.c though (no need to apply a per-cpu mask to the event-channel port array).

 -- Keir