[Xen-devel] Enomalism Introduction

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Reuven Cohen" <ruv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:52:05 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:53:05 +0000

Hello Everyone.

I originally mistakenly sent this posting to the Xense-devel list, (sorry for the double posting.)  I wanted to take this opportunity to come out of the shadows and introduce myself. I’ve been monitoring the mailing list for sometime now and have yet to post anything. So with XEN3.0 out, now is a good a time as any.

A little background, I am the lead technologist for an open source consulting shop in Toronto Ontario called Enomaly. We’ve been using XEN2.0 for a while, mostly in our development environment and have become major fans of XEN and Paravirtualization in general. Most of the work we do is in the realm of open source enterprise content management and open source enterprise migration. Our preferred environments are Linux, Apache, PHP, & Python.  We are fairly database agnostic, but do tend to use mysql, postgres and SQLite. In terms of development methodologies, we subscribe to a modified agile development approach.

Besides Open source consulting, we also look for new and under developed software niches, that is actually why I am emailing the list today. One of our current projects is a web based server management console for XEN called Enomalism (www.enomalism.com). We are in the early stages of developing this application. The tool is modeled after a VPS style deployment architecture similar to Virtuozzo. We are planning on releasing our code early in the new year with an open source license, which we have yet to decide on (Apache2.0 or BSD).  The Enomalism application will be primarily built in a python programming environment.(TubroGears, CherryPy, SQLObject, json-py, eclipse ),  Nagios will be used for the server monitoring, jailtime for virtual file systems and MochiKit for the AJAX library.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello and let you know who we are and what we’re doing. You will be the first to know when our software is ready for a public unveiling. I hope to get much more involved with the mailing list in the weeks and months to come. Again sorry for the dual posts.

Regards,

Reuven Cohen

Chief Technologist

Enomaly Inc,