Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with setmaxmem()

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 08:10:26PM -0500, Amitayu Das wrote:

> [Snip]
> static PyObject *pyxc_domain_setmaxmem(XcObject *self, PyObject *args) [**
> note that no keywords in the list of parameters]
>
> although,  /usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendDomain.py is using this function
> as
>
>         try:
>             return xc.domain_setmaxmem(dominfo.getDomid(),
>                                        maxmem_kb = maxmem) [** note that
> keywords are being sent as arguments]
>
> Since, the things are not matching, is this a bug or am I missing
> something. Please help........

That's a bug.  Thanks for your report.  You can just remove the maxmem_kb =
here and anywhere else that this problem occurs (I recently tidied up the
argument handling, and obviously have broken this call).

Please note, however, that xm mem-max is dangerous, and using it to shrink the
domain will probably crash it.  You want to try xm mem-set, which sets a soft
limit instead, and will shrink the domain without crashing it.  There is a
bug outstanding (#212) to remove the xm mem-set command (or at the very least
to reduce its potency).  Please don't use it, and use xm mem-set instead.

Ewan.