[Xen-devel] a question about popen() performance on domU

Dear all,
When I compared the performance of some application on both a Xen domU and a standard linux machine (where domU runs on a similar physical mahine), I notice the application runs faster on the domU than on the physical machine. Instrumenting the application code shows the application spends more time on popen() calls on domU than on the physical machine. I wonder if xenlinux does some special modification of the popen code to improve its performance than the original Linux popen code?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Xuehai