Re: [Xen-devel] USB virt 2.6 split driver patch series

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:37:50AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Harry's right, it's not allowed by the C standard.

still this is common accepted practice is kernel code ...
(no glibc included/linked, gcc specific)

> FWIW, I don't think it's all that common to use underscores to denote
> functions as private when you can just mark them static.

grep "__[a-z]" | grep "EXPORT" in linux kernel source you'll be surprise.

most kernels-code reason to provide both function (__fctname and fctname) is:
- one is lock free, the other lock what is necessary.
- one test some conditions, the other doesn't

and probably some others reasons ..

Cheers,
--
Vincent Hanquez