Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.8 with 2.6.12 support?

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:58:03AM +0100, Steven Hand wrote:
> >
> > > Is xen 2.0.8 with 2.6.12 support going to be released anytime soon?
> > > xen-2.0-testing with 2.6.12 seems to work OK at least for me..
> >
> > We have a few more fixes we need to get tested, but after that we'll
> > hopefully release a 2.0.8.
> >
> > The major delay right now is that most people are working on trying
> > to get 3.0.0 out the door which doesn't leave a lot of time for 2.x!
> >
> > It's good to get reports like your which demonstrate that things
> > seem to work well.
> >

> Hi!
>
> Any progress with this? Latest change in xen-2.0-testing branch seems to be
> 2 months ago..
>
> Newer kernel (2.6.14) would be also needed for Debian xen packages..

Actually, that shouldn't be a problem after today.  Instead of shipping a
plain patch, like any other kernel-patch.deb, I'll be shipping the sparse
tree, with a custom(for debian) patch application script.

Then, it's up to the user to get the correct kernel source version.