Re: [Xen-devel] Which linux to use with Xen unstable?

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 04:22:14PM +0100, Tobias Hunger wrote:
> Hi there!

Hi Tobias,

> I am wondering which linux-2.6 to use with the latest and greatest Xen
> unstable. I thought the sparse trees in the nightly tarball (2.6.12.6 IIRC)
> should be the most up to date version, till I discovered the linux-2.6-xen.hg
> repository by chance yesterday night. That one is at version 2.6.14.x. So now
> I am wondering whether to use 2.6.14 or 2.6.12. Which one is recommended?

for the moment xen-unstable is the one recommended. the merge tree
didn't receive as much testing as xen-unstable. It should be reserved to
developers at the moment, but if users want to try it, we'll welcome
some feedback.

> If the linux-2.6-xen.hg is the way to go, then why is the 2.6.12 sparse tree
> in xen-unstable?

it's the way to go, but it hasn't yet had time to go throught the
proper amount of testing.. so there could be bad bugs lurking here and
there.

--
Vincent Hanquez