[Xen-devel] question about timer_interrupt()

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:52:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:52:44 +0000

I have been reading through timer_interrupt() and related
functions for a bit now, and think I have found a potential
problem.

If a virtual CPU is preempted by the hypervisor while a
process is running on it, it looks like that unlucky
process will get "billed" for CPU time during which the
virtual CPU was not running ...

Am I overlooking something, or is it time to figure out
a way to separate virtual time from wall time so we can
account for the actual CPU time used by processes ?

>From what I can see, this might require a change to the
hypervisor interface, but I am not sure.  Ideas ?

--
All Rights Reversed