[Xen-devel] two possible approaches for quicker, more accessible documentation development

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Alan C. Oehler" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:44:15 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:44:29 +0000

Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like the PHP manual is built around DocBook (a widely-used XML
DTD), with some mechanism that they have built for collecting comments
at the end of each page. I am moving in the direction of using DocBook
for my source docs. I think that model of being able to collect comments
on a per-section basis is really good and I will look into what it would
take to set such a system up here.

Cheers...

-Alan

Alan C. Oehler