Re: [Xen-devel] Timing out waiting for vbd device *only when xend started with trace_start*

Ewan Mellor wrote:
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:11:27AM -0600, Charles Duffy wrote:

It might be nice if the xend trace handler were expanded to print both current PID (or thread name) and timestamp when indicating that a line is being executed.

Ask and ye shall receive an attachment.

Nifty -- but not quite what I had in mind.

I was thinking about modifying the *tracing*, not the *logging*; thus, it would be the code in xend/server/SrvDaemon.py:trace that would be impacted.

This would allow for a substantially higher granularity -- seeing where we are not just on every log statement, but on every line executed by the interpreter.