Re: [Xen-devel] Working hotplug, but still timing out waiting for vbd device ("changing physical-device not supported"?)

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 06:10:39AM -0600, Charles Duffy wrote:

> Ewan Mellor wrote:
> >On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 11:37:06AM -0600, Charles Duffy wrote:
> >
> >>changing physical-device not supported
> >
> >Actually Charles, I've just noticed this in your earlier mail, and this
> >suggests something a little more serious going on than I first thought
> >(actually you might have two problems, so if you could still address the
> >potential race, that would be good).
>
> Yes; I'll get you feedback on the other item within the next few hours.
>
> >Does this happen immediately after a reboot?
>
> Let's see... I have it happening on the first DomU startups after one
> boot... and don't see it anywhere else in my logs, particularly
> including my more recent test boots.

Hmm.  There's a possibility that stale state in the store would cause this.
It's convoluted, but I think it's possible.  If you see it again, then

xenstore-rm /local
xenstore-rm /vm
reboot

would be a good idea (assuming that this is a test box and you don't care
about what's on it!).  If it's gone away, then let's focus on the hotplug
script problem.

There is a patch coming through soon that should help with the "changing
physical-device" problem, assuming that it _is_ stale state that's causing it.

Cheers,

Ewan.