RE: [Xen-devel] simple check for domU?

> If there's no easy and reliable way to do this maybe one should be
added?

You probably need to clarify exactly what you are asking. If you are
running a -xen kernel instead of -xen[0U], then it's the same kernel but
differing in what privileges you have. In theory (I hope I'm right when
I say this), it is possible to give a domU kernel some access to
hardware, so even the line between a privileged or not kernel is a
little blurred.

If you had CONFIG_ICONFIG set in your .config, you could grep for
various config options in proc, which would tell you if the kernel was
compiled with backend or frontend support, but that still doesn't really
help much.

James