Re: [Xen-devel] 46% performance drop with change in glibc

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 09:57:05AM -0500, Andrew Theurer wrote:
> Assuming most/all distros are doing it this way.  I do recall a beta version
> of openSUSE just moved the tls dir in an rc script,

Yes, indeed, that was done prior to SUSE Linux 10.0: just detect whether
you're running under Xen and if so move away /lib/tls.

> but maybe they are doing something different now.

In openSUSE Linux 10.0, we just yanked the negative segment references
out of gcc + glibc.
The effort to have two versions just does not justify the non-measurable
performance / code-density gains.
My recommendation would be to do that everywhere.

Best,
--
Kurt Garloff, Director SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.