Re: [Xen-devel] Privilege levels in xenolinux

On 8 Nov 2005, at 05:23, Purav Saraiya wrote:

The following assembly code is used to set the Descriptors in xenolinux. Theoretically, for xenolinux we have Descriptor privilege level(DPL) = 1
for all its descriptors. But from the instruction,

        "movb %4,5(%2)\n\t"  (with the parameter, type =0x82 and 0x89)
it seems that the DPL is set to 0.

How is this possible. Dont we have xenolinux running at privilege level 1?
Am I going wrong somewhere?

That's dead code in Xen Linux. We set up LDTs via an explicit hypercall, not via LLDT.

 -- Keir