Re: [Filtered!] [Xen-devel] Networking problems with xen3

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:58:45AM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > > Please could you post a diff of the log meesages from a native boot
> > > (with a similar config) vs on xen. Also, having the xen
> > boot messages
> > > woul be goo too.
> >
> > After figuring out that I was losing the start of my boot
> > messages and rebuilding with a bigger dmesg buffer i got the
> > following, all booted with lapic and apic=debug:
>
> Hmm, I think you've modified the kernel config. Please can you post the
> diff relative to one of ours.
>
> Your system does have an IOAPIC, an its using it in the native case.
>
> Have you disabled CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC ?

Ah, whoops. I do remember having to add the apic options in to the native
case (which i based off the xen config), and just assumed that the xen config
didn't have the options.... Ah-ha, you've moved them to a different location
to normal, which is why i didn't spot them at first glance. I can't try it out
until this evening, but i'll let you know.

Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org