Re: [Xen-devel] could not reboot domU in latest xen-unstable

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 01:30:20AM -0600, Wensheng Wang wrote:

> With lastest unstable, I can no longer reboot domU( either within the
> domU itself or using "xm shutdown -R").
> xm create and destroy is working fine.
>
> After I reboot a domU and do "xm list" a few times, it seems hang, but
> after more than 1 minute the prompt came back but with only domain-0,
> domU didn't get rebooted.

The primary problem is that your hotplug scripts seem not to be working.  Do
you see any evidence that they have stalled or bailed out early?  There might
be something in your /var/log/debug, /var/log/messages, or /var/log/syslog, or
you might see processes hanging around.

You are the only person experiencing this that I know of, so you may have to
do a little hunting around to figure out what the real problem is.

The seconday problem you have is that Xend is behaving badly when this first
error occurs, and I shall look into that.

Thanks for your bug report,

Ewan.