Re: [Xen-devel] Re: USB virt status

> I didn't see the original email that Harry quoted, but could
> you elaborate on that? Are you proposing a new API?

My understanding is that a new Xenbus "library" has been developed that'll
automate the state machines involved in connecting a device channel.  This'll
hopefully eliminate some of the "cut and paste" code that's in all the
drivers.  The data-plane code and the actual Xenstore setup protocols will
remain the same.

I believe the code exists (at least partially) but that's all I know.  I'm
afraid it's not my area...  Somebody else may be more qualified to comment.

> Rusty had asked a question regarding what's in 3.0:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xen-devel&m=113038760216447&w=2
>
> and I guess I'll second that..

There's a TODO list on the Wiki which should give some idea.  Beyond that,
it's hard to know exactly.  I'm not directly working on the release code this
time round.

> >>I think the project is likely to follow the path of least resistance and
> >> go with a "xenstore connection setup library" that replaces most of the
> >> duplicate code but retain the old datapath API.  I get the impression
> >> this decision has been taken already.
>
> Any reason for this to not be shared on xen-devel?

In case there's any confusion again, this "library" is the same code referred
to above.  I didn't post on xen-devel because it was speculative, and
intended to be shared in private discussion with Harry.

Cheers,
Mark