Re: [Xen-devel] Question on xc_gnttab_map_grant_ref()

To expand:

I'm working towards a shared-memory NFS-style filesystem for Xen guests.  This
will allow high-performance data sharing within one host.  This leverages
direct memory sharing to maximise performance and make better use of the
available RAM.

A bonus feature of this direct sharing approach is that applications running
in different domains on the same host should be able to share memory by both
using a simple mmap() call.  This avoids us having to introduce any new wacky
semantics / exotic character devices; sharing should work similarly to the
case of two applications in one domain.

Cheers,
Mark