RE: [Xen-devel] Question about i386 ioremap()

> Sounds OK to me; what part did you disagree with?

"The returned address is not guaranteed to be usable directly as a
virtual address."

Why this should hold true for ioremap()? I see that this can be the case
for ioremap_nocache().

Furthermore if this comment is true, then please look at comments about
__ioremap() and __ioremap_nocache() in arch/xen/i386 or
x86_64/mm/ioremap.c. The comment I see for ioremap() is

/*
 * Remap an arbitrary physical address space into the kernel virtual
 * address space. Needed when the kernel wants to access high addresses
 * directly.

I am little confused here :-)

Aravindh

ioremap_nocache()?