[Xen-devel] Debian, Xen and Heartbeat

hello,

sorry for my posting in this list, but nobody could give me an answer
in xen-users. i also searched xen-devel and xen-users archives.

i use two hosts with debian sarge on which i compiled and installed
xen-2.0.7 from scratch. on top i installed heartbeat 1.2.3 and connected
the two hosts over a secondary network interface. after some time (~40
seconds) heartbeat thinks that one or even both nodes are dead.

from ha-log:
heartbeat[2411]: 2005/10/20_14:37:24 WARN: node lilo: is dead
heartbeat[2411]: 2005/10/20_14:37:24 WARN: node labor-7: is dead
heartbeat[2411]: 2005/10/20_14:37:24 ERROR: No local heartbeat. Forcing
restart.

i also tried xen-unstable and different version of heartbeat with
different connections for heartbeat (ttyUSBx, ttySx, eth0, eth1). under
no circumstances xen and heartbeat work together.

do you have any idea what is going wrong?

from the heartbeat FAQ:

I got this message "ERROR: No local heartbeat. Forcing shutdown" and
then Heartbeat shut itself down for no reason at all!
        First of all, Heartbeat never shuts itself down for no reason at
        all. This kind of occurrence indicates that Heartbeat is not
        working properly, which in our experience can be caused by one
        of two things:
              * System under heavy I/O load, or

              * Kernel bug.

        For how to deal with the first occurrence (heavy load), please
        read the answer to the next FAQ item. If your system was not
        under moderate to heavy load when it got this message, you
        probably have the kernel bug. The 2.4.18-2.4.20 Linux kernels
        had a bug in it which would cause it to not schedule Heartbeat
        for very long periods of time when the system was idle, or
        nearly so. If this is the case, you need to get a kernel that
        isn't broken.

joerg