RE: [Xen-devel] monolithic versus modules

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 02:03 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
>  > I was holding this email up until I spun a module one again but..
> >
> > [tazman@pluto ~]$ telnet xenbits.xensource.com 80 Trying
> > 217.147.82.57...
> > telnet: connect to address 217.147.82.57: Network is unreachable
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable
> >
> > My hg co is failing :-(
>
> It works for me -- maybe a local network failure?
>
> Ian

It came right back, a user in IRC also was having the same problem,
likely a link flap somewhere in the cloud.

I think I am may be having power supply issues on this machine now, this
morning I hear the power supply fan sounding like a jet turbine every 10
seconds or so :-(

Yesterday I did do some tests, and with a fresh spin of kernel using
modules it booted clean as a whistle.

 At this point I am ready to jump out the window. Start looking over
stuff and accidently issued a reboot, much to my surprise and recovery
of my temporarily lost sanity the APCI problem came back. Another reboot
did not change the condition.

Until I get a new power supply I think this is a moot point though, the
PITA here is I really want something bigger than the stock 460w and am
having a hard time finding one. I ordered a 550w Enermax from
XIcomputer where I bought it, and the it blew up on power on. Nothing
like the sound of a switching power supply squealing like a pig, hehe.
The replacement they sent me wouldn't boot the toaster at all :-(

I had my eyes on a 4 Way Opteron as that would be next logical step up,
but that much extra coin is hard to come by right now.

Regards,
Ted