Re: RE: [Xen-devel] xendomains init script

Hi Ian,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 08:05:06PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > I think about adding one more feature to the script:
> > XENDOMAINS_MEMSET0=xxx
> > would make the script issue xm mem-set 0 xxx on xendomains
> > start and restore the old mem allocation of dom0 on xendomains stop.
> >
> > Unless someone tells me it's not worth doing ...
>
> You know about dom0-min-mem in xend-config.sxp, right? It's a related
> feature, but I don't object to adding the one you're requesting.

Sure, I even use it :-)
garloff@tpkurt:~ [0]$ grep -e '^[^#]' /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp | grep 'min-mem'
(dom0-min-mem 256)

But:
1. Not everybody wants to use this
2. Shrinking dom0 on demand can fail

Best,
--
Kurt Garloff, Director SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.