RE: [Xen-devel] allocating AGP aperture memory

  • To: "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:17:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:14:41 +0000

> I'm still working on getting IOMMU support for Opterons under Xen.
>
> During the boot sequence, Dom0 is finding the aperture
> through the AGP controller at address 0xe8000000 like it
> should.  During AGP controller initialization, though, it
> fails to reserve the address space because the necessary
> pages are PageReserved in the mem_map.

Trying to looks a bus (machine) address up in dom0's mem_map
(pseudo-physical) won't yield anything sensible.

Presumably the driver isn't expecting to find memory behind the
aperture? Is it just trying to reserve the bus address range for
purposes of ensuring that other PCI devices don't get allocated to it?

Ian