RE: [Xen-devel] I give in

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 00:03 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > mac address?
> > >
> > > Why do you need to set peth0's MAC address? It shouldn't be
> > endpoint
> > > src or destination of any packets.
> > >
> > > If you need to change it: "ifconfig peth0 hw ether
> > xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
>
> > I was seeing arp entries on dom0 for itself using this mac
> > address, oddly enough I do not see this any more with
>
> I seriously doubt this behaviour has changed recently.
>
> Have you given your peth0 an IP address? it shouldn't need one.
> It should be configured with '-arp'.
>
> Ian

No, the only thing I have ever done with peth0 is look at its setting
with ethtool :-)

I reviewed everything. my setup is identical except that now both my
SMP Athlon and UP I686 are running changeset : 7380:f9b300fab36e.

The interface in question is using an e1000 module, all default
settings.

To be honest I really thought this was normal as I kept saying to myself
how could no one else be having this problem.

Anyway, If I see this again you can be assured of an extensive detailed
bug report :-)

I really have to say, that the work you guys are doing is making my life
easier and easier every day :-)

Thanks to the "Xen Team" for such a killer contribution.

Regards,
Ted