RE: [Xen-devel] I give in

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 23:13 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > What do I need to change to get peth0 using a different mac address?
>
> Why do you need to set peth0's MAC address? It shouldn't be endpoint src
> or destination of any packets.
>
> If you need to change it: "ifconfig peth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
>
> Ian

I was seeing arp entries on dom0 for itself using this mac address,
oddly enough I do not see this any more with

changeset:   7380:f9b300fab36e
tag:         tip
user:        kaf24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date:        Fri Oct 14 13:27:25 2005 +0100
summary:     This should fix time stopped / going slow problems that

The whole time I thought this was expected behavior. Was something
changed recently that would affect this? I was seeing the identical
behavior on both my SMP and UP machines until today. Got to the point
where I was using bgp to route local host traffic through my gateway to
get the two dom0 peth0's tp talk to each other.

dom0-1 - 10 domU
dom0-2 -  3 domU

                Gateway

     dom0-1              dom0-2
         |peth0            |peth0            subnet B
1-1 1-2 1-3 1-4 1-5 1-6 1-7 1-8 1-9 1-10 2-1 2-2 2-3

With this topology dom0-1 and dom0-2 where seeing the peth0 mac address
in the arp table, so one peth0 could not talk to other across subnet B.

Regards,
Ted