Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Unable to find root device. domU??

Nicholas Lee wrote:

I have continue to have the same problem as well.  (cs 7369:92c6021f23e4)

I just succeeded in working around the problem by the simple expedient of reinstalling linux. ;)

I created a new disk partition, installed a fresh linux into it to host xen and dom0, then copied over the latest build, and now I can boot domU with no problems.

The conclusion: something was messed up on my system, and doing a xen install did not clean it up. I had tried manually removing all the xen files I could find or think of, but nothing seemed to help. Whatever was messed up, or stale, was hiding very very well.

Rob