Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.8 with 2.6.12 support?

> Is xen 2.0.8 with 2.6.12 support going to be released anytime soon?
> xen-2.0-testing with 2.6.12 seems to work OK at least for me..

We have a few more fixes we need to get tested, but after that we'll
hopefully release a 2.0.8.

The major delay right now is that most people are working on trying
to get 3.0.0 out the door which doesn't leave a lot of time for 2.x!

It's good to get reports like your which demonstrate that things
seem to work well.

> And we already have 2.6.13 available, and 2.6.14 soon.. is xen 2.0 going to
> be maintained still, or is all effort going to xen 3.0 ?

Most effort is going to xen 3.0 ; in addition, we're moving towards
a model where the linux parts of xen (i.e. the bits currently in the
"sparse trees") will be pushed upstream. A lot of people are working
on this (see e.g. the xen-merge mailing list, or the mercurial
repository at http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg)

However it is unlikely that this same work will support xen 2.x,
at least initially.

cheers,

S.