Re: [Xen-devel] xend bug? restart = 'never'

Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/10/2005 06:58:35 PM:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:53:53PM -0400, Jonathan M. McCune wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm observing a situation where domU crashes and xend continuously
tries
> > to restart it.  For example, I have to write commands like this to
> > actually get it to stop:
> >
> > for i in `seq 80 90`; do xm destroy $i; done
> >
> > I've tried adding restart = "never" and restart = 'never' to the domain

> > config file (the file that gets passed to `xm create`).  Is this a
known
> > issue?  Am I doing something wrong?
>
> I've assigned this bug #309.
>
> Ewan.

I think this has been changed recently.  If you look at the recent
"example" domain config files in /etc/xen, you'll see that now we
have 3 things to control the behavior when a domain exits:

on_poweroff = 'destroy' (default value)
on_reboot = 'restart' (default value)
on_crash = 'restart' (default value)

As a result, if a domain is crashing, it would be automatically
be restarted (with a different domain ID) by default.  To prevent
a domain from being endlessly restarted after it crashes, you
can set:
on_crash = 'preserve'

The comments in the "example" domain config files given in /etc/xen
provide more info on these parameters and how the original "restart"
parameter is handled under the new scheme.

Regards,

Khoa H.