RE: [Xen-merge] xen subarch

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Sorry, the two trees are:
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg          (latest stable)
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6-merge.hg    (bleeding edge)

Arjan pointed out a big problem with trees like this: they
contain all changes in one big tree, while Linus prefers
smaller, individually digestible chunks.

I wonder if it would make more sense to maintain all of
Xenolinux as a big quilt patchset ?

It may make Xenolinux maintenance a little bit harder, but
it should make it a lot easier to merge things upstream.

No, I don't know whether this would actually improve things;
this is just something to think about...

--
All Rights Reversed